Re: Everson Mono

From: John Hudson (tiro@tiro.com)
Date: Sat Feb 15 2003 - 20:54:20 EST

    At 04:03 PM 2/15/2003, Doug Ewell wrote:

    >John Hudson <tiro at tiro dot com> wrote:
    >
    > > Andale Mono WT from Monotype has 50,422 glyphs. At least, that's how
    > > many the slightly old version I have contains. My guess is that they
    > > have a newer version with more glyphs.
    >
    >I can't relate. The version of "Andale Mono" (no "WT") that ships with
    >Windows 2000 has around 700, so I've never thought of it as being useful
    >outside the WGL4 range.

    Note that I wrote 'Andale Mono WT'. The WT stands for something like World
    Type. This is a massively extended version of Andale Mono that supports all
    of Unicode 3.1. It also comes in three of different flavours, I believe,
    depending on whether you want Traditional or Simplified Chinese, or
    Japanese forms for the Han characters.

    John Hudson

    Tiro Typeworks www.tiro.com
    Vancouver, BC tiro@tiro.com

    It is necessary that by all means and cunning,
    the cursed owners of books should be persuaded
    to make them available to us, either by argument
    or by force. - Michael Apostolis, 1467