Re: Everson Mono

From: jameskass@att.net
Date: Sat Feb 15 2003 - 21:22:19 EST

    .
    Doug Ewell wrote,

    > Map (or the Web page) to find those that would display my text. So I'd
    > like to know if there is an easier way to find out which fonts support
    > character X, or failing that, if the OT and TT specs are written in such
    > a way that I could write my own program to do this.

    You could pick up the old TTFDUMP.EXE program from Microsoft Typography
    developer's web pages at
    http://www.microsoft.com/typography/creators.htm
    This utility can dump any or all of the tables in a TTF/OTF into
    a plain text file which is human-readable. Once the "cmap" table
    information has been "dumped", you can import the text into your
    process and process it. (It only works on Plane Zero fonts.)

    Best regards,

    James Kass.