Re: ISO 8859_2 and Windows 1250

From: Radovan Garabik (
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 02:03:11 EST

    On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 11:41:24AM +0530, SRIDHARAN Aravind wrote:
    > Hi,
    > What is the basic difference between ISO 8859_2 and Windows 1250?

    > Also what is the basic difference between Cp1250 and Cp1252.

    basically, those are three different 8 bit codepages and you have to
    treat them separately.

    > I am handling two central european languages (polish and czech)
    > What should I do for proper display of data in browser for both languages?

    since you are posting to unicode mailing list, my advice is to
    use UTF-8 encoding which covers nicely both Czech and Polish.
    UTF-8 in browsers is widely supported nowadays, so you probably needn't
    take any additional steps.

    | Radovan Garabík |