Re: [OT] How do you say "PEACE"?

From: Jim Melton (jim.melton@acm.org)
Date: Thu Apr 03 2003 - 13:30:14 EST

    Marco,

    MANY THANKS for this! I don't know whether I have the skills to contribute
    additional language entries for this, but it is a wonderful way to express
    what so many of us, both in the USA and in the rest of the world, feel.

    Thanks!
        Jim

    At 18:17 2003-04-03 +0200 Thursday, Marco Cimarosti wrote:
    >Dear Unicoders,
    >
    >Frank da Cruz, Michael Everson, Shlomi Tal and myself welcome you to the
    >next multilingual UTF-8 sampler web page.
    >
    >Sorry, but this time it will not be a cute humorous phrase such as: I can
    >eat glass, it doesn't hurt me", or "Unicode provides a unique number for
    >every character". In this Spring of 2003, we felt that we had to say a very
    >serious thing:
    >
    > Stop war! Say "PEACE" in all languages!
    > http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/pace.html
    >
    >Thanks for visiting and for adding the languages which are still missing.
    >
    >_ Marco

    Jim Melton
    1930 Viscounti Drive
    Sandy, UT 84093-1063
    mailto:jim@melton.name
    And please visit Sheltie Rescue of Utah, Inc. at
       http://SheltieRescueUT.org