Quest text font

From: William Overington (WOverington@ngo.globalnet.co.uk)
Date: Wed Apr 30 2003 - 03:57:41 EDT

    I am producing a font which I have named Quest text.

    I have uploaded what I have produced so far to the web.

    http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~ngo/QUEST043.TTF

    As well as hopefully being useful with applications in English, the font has
    various niche font capabilities not found in many fonts. I hope that I have
    included a complete set of characters for Old English and Middle English.
    The font also contains accented characters for Esperanto and German.

    The spaces from U+2000 through to U+200B are all included and there are
    glyphs for U+200C ZERO WIDTH NON-JOINER and U+200D ZERO WIDTH JOINER.

    There are also a number of ligatures in the font. These are the seven
    ligatures from regular Unicode, U+FB00 through to U+FB06, together with some
    others in the Private Use Area. Those in the Private Use Area follow the
    encodings in the pages introduced and indexed as follows.

    http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~ngo/golden.htm

    Only some of the ligatures in those pages are implemented as yet.

    In addition, there is the abbreviation used for thaet in Old English at
    U+E75F, decimal 59231, within the Private Use Area.

    Feedback is welcome please, as are suggestions and requests for additional
    characters to be added into the Quest text font as this art project
    proceeds.

    William Overington

    http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~ngo