Re: The text copying facility in Unicode code chart pdf files.

From: Peter_Constable@sil.org
Date: Thu May 01 2003 - 11:16:41 EDT

    William Overington wrote on 05/01/2003 08:56:52 AM:

    > I have found that some of the pdf files for the Unicode code charts allow
    me
    > to copy the name of the character onto the clipboard and then paste it
    into
    > a WordPad document and some of the pdf files do not.

    If you need the character names, why don't you just download UnicodeData
    from the Unicode site? It would be a whole lot quicker to work with a text
    file than copying strings from a PDF file. And you'll be able to get that
    file a whole lot sooner than you will unprotected versions of all the chart
    PDF files.

    - Peter

    Peter Constable

    7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
    Tel: +1 972 708 7485