Re: Unicode-compliant email manager on XP system

From: Michael \(michka\) Kaplan (michka@trigeminal.com)
Date: Sat May 24 2003 - 11:58:53 EDT

    From: "Karljürgen Feuerherm" <cuneiform@rogers.com>

    > Thanks. So so far, one vote for Outlook Express.

    Well, change the word "compliant" to "conformant" and then I'll cast a vote
    for it too. The only place it falls is in the from/to/cc line, and even that
    is only in the list of mails (when you open the mail it does the right
    thing).

    > The reason I haven't
    > gone to this right off the bat is that since it is an MS product (with
    > some dubious and unknown relationship to Outlook)

    Well, the relationship between Outlook and Outlook Express is for most
    purposes analogous to the relationship between Java and JavaScript -- which
    is to say its relationship is in name alone.

    > then if there is some
    > corruption in my system I wonder whether it might affect O.E. similarly.

    I am not sure what this means. Everything you store for mails in OE is in
    separate files. So hard drive crashes can affect it but that would happen
    with any product you own. What type of "system corruption" would cause you
    to worry about your email?

    > (If there is some corruption which uninstall/instal doesn't fix, a wipe
    > and reload of the system may, but I'm reluctant to go to such lengths
    > just now...)

    I think you are talking about apples and oranges here.... or since apples
    and oranges have things in common, lets say that you are talking about
    apples and bicycles. :-)

    MichKa [MS]