Re: Announcement: New Unicode Savvy Logo

From: Peter_Constable@sil.org
Date: Fri May 30 2003 - 09:08:39 EDT

    Philippe Verdy wrote on 05/30/2003 05:21:58 AM:

    > Private Use Areas are by definition not interoperable

    Not exactly: they are interoperable by prior agreement between parties.

    > and clearly
    > not designed to be used on the web.
    > Their use in a page to display text clearly does not qualify, as it
    > requires proprietary fonts to display them.

    I think that is overly restrictive. (And if the requirements for the
    "savvy" logo are changed to rule out use of PUA, then I could imagine
    wanting to join WO in requesting a Unicode-with-PUA logo. But I'd rather
    not have to go there.)

    - Peter

    Peter Constable

    7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
    Tel: +1 972 708 7485