Missing Character, Armenian Eterntity

From: Steven Shamlian (sshamlia@andrew.cmu.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 13 2003 - 21:15:53 EDT

    To Whom It May Concern:
    I am enquiring to find whether the Armenian Eternity symbol will be added
    to the Unicode Standard? You will note that in ArmSCII (Armenian Standard
    Code for Information Interchange) codes ArmSCII-7, ArmSCII-8, and
    ArmSCII-8A codes, the standards used before Unicode, all include this
    symbol, at positions 21, A1, and DC respectively. It is the only character
    that is lacking from previous encoding efforts in this language. An
    example of this character can be found at
    http://www.freenet.am/armscii/armcs-006.html . I understand that you are
    extremely busy, and I applaud your work. It is absolutely fantastic.
    Thank you for your time; I await v4.0.
    Respectfully yours,
    Steven Shamlian
    Carnegie Mellon University