RE: Aramaic, Samaritan, Phoenician

From: Winkler, Arnold F (
Date: Tue Jul 15 2003 - 11:36:30 EDT

    I grew up in Austria more than 50 years ago, and trust me, cursive script
    was already ancient then. Yes, we had to learn it (1945 - 1948) in primary
    school, but even then it was not used any more (except for some VERY old
    people with grey or no hair at all).

    I might still be able to read it, but I was never able to write it legibly.
    Just checked with my children - writing cursive had disappeared from the
    schools altogether before the 1960's.

    PS.: I blame the fact that I had to learn to write cursive for my lousy
    handwriting today - at least it is a good excuse.