Re: Using UniCode & International Charecters with Peachtree Accounting Program

From: Chris Jacobs (chris.jacobs@freeler.nl)
Date: Sun Jul 20 2003 - 00:57:42 EDT

    > Using UniCode & International Charecters with Peachtree Accounting Program
    >
    > Up to Peachtrre Version 2003 we were able to use Unicode
    > for entering International Charecters, such as Arabic,
    > in the description field of Invoices, Receipts, Purchase
    > and Payments. We enter Arabic text in the description
    > field and were able to use peachtree succesfuly for our
    > company's accounting.
    > With version 2004 Unicode charecters are displayed as
    > empty square boxes. it appears that the font used in
    > input templates has changed and does not allow for
    > foreign characters to display correctly.

    First make sure that the problem actually is what you think it is:

    Copy and paste the empty square boxes to an environment which does use its
    own fonts.
    Pasting to SC UniPad, available at http://www.unipad.org will do nicely.

    If in UniPad the text displays well, _then_ complain to Peachtree.

    By the way, the inability of Peachtree to _display_ those chars should have
    _no_ impact on how they are processed further.
    Unless the font for output has changed too the square boxes will be readable
    chars in the output.