Re: From [b-hebrew] Variant forms of vav with holem

From: Ted Hopp (ted@newslate.com)
Date: Wed Jul 30 2003 - 18:51:42 EDT

    On Wednesday, July 30, 2003 4:44 PM, Peter Kirk wrote:
    > This depends on who you mean by "we". It's not just you and me, Ted. If
    > in discussions on this list a consensus is reached that this is the best
    > way to go, then we have the top people in Unicode behind us and
    > convinced in advance. Someone needs to draw up a formal proposal, I
    > suppose, but that's not a big job. SBL and SIL both have a stake here
    > and experienced people who can help, if they agree. If we can't convince
    > this list, then we are probably on a loser. But I already see several
    > people starting to agree that a new character is the best way to deal
    > with this issue.

    By "we", I was referring to my company. If SBL, SIL, and others can be
    convinced to pursue this, I would laud it as a step in the right direction
    and would be happy to contribute what I can to the discussion. I just think
    that anyone submitting a formal proposal should be prepared to push it
    through the system.

    Ted

    Ted Hopp, Ph.D.
    ZigZag, Inc.
    ted@newSLATE.com
    +1-301-990-7453

    newSLATE is your personal learning workspace
       ...on the web at http://www.newSLATE.com/