Re: Questions on ZWNBS - for line initial holam plus alef

From: John Cowan (cowan@mercury.ccil.org)
Date: Sat Aug 09 2003 - 16:41:35 EDT

    Peter Kirk scripsit:

    > The gap may not be large, but Philippe, John H and I have identified a
    > real gap. Why this antagonism against filling it?

    What you have identified is a set of implementation defects, not problems
    with the Unicode Standard. The standard way to do what you want is to
    precede the combining mark with SP or NBSP. If that "doesn't work", then
    the implementation that makes it not work needs to be fixed.

    --
    John Cowan  jcowan@reutershealth.com  http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
    Does anybody want any flotsam? / I've gotsam.