Re: [hebrew] Re: Roadmap---Mandaic, Early Aramaic, Samaritan

From: Peter_Constable@sil.org
Date: Mon Aug 11 2003 - 09:13:54 EDT

    Elaine Keown wrote on 08/10/2003 06:30:44 PM:

    > During this short period, when I am on this list and receiving
    > the enormous volume of mail, I am stating things that I will not be
    > around much to state.

    Therein lies a problem in attitude: encoding of scripts, and doing it well,
    takes an on-going commitment and presence from people who have expertise on
    the scripts in question. It does not happen if an expert sticks her/his
    head in the door momentarily, makes a few comments and then disappears.

    > You've never had a Semitic script expert, that's the problem.

    If that's the case, see above.

    - Peter

    Peter Constable

    7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
    Tel: +1 972 708 7485