Re: [Way OT] Beer measurements (was: Re: Handwritten EURO sign)

From: Mark Davis (mark.davis@jtcsv.com)
Date: Tue Aug 19 2003 - 14:12:50 EDT

    Yes, I am sick and tired of dealing with this horrible non-decimal measurement
    system the US has for time: the number of units per other unit vary all across
    the board: 60..61 : 1, 60 : 1, 24 : 1, 28..31 : 1, 12 : 1, 365..366 : 1 --
    awful. At least with inches, feet, and miles, the number of feet per mile don't
    vary depending on which mile one is talking about!

    I'll be so glad to shift to a metric system for time, as they use in Europe, so
    we won't have to deal with this stuff any more. How could anyone prefer this to
    a metric system?

    Mark
    http://www.macchiato.com
    ► “Eppur si muove” ◄