RE: Questions on ZWNBS - for line initial holam plus alef

From: Kent Karlsson (kentk@cs.chalmers.se)
Date: Fri Sep 19 2003 - 03:47:05 EDT

    > >How should a text rendering library deal with <SPACE,
    > >dbl_diacritic>? Should the character after the diacritic be
    > >drawn under the right half of the diacritic,
    >
    > yes

    Nitpick: under or above, as appropriate, the right "half" of the dbl
    diacritic. There are some dbl diacritics that are below (combining
    class 233, in the current cc numbering). The double diacritics aren't
    really intended for use with bidi scripts, but logically the character
    after a dbl diacritic would ideally in RTL go under the LEFT "half" of
    the diacritic (I don't expect implementations to actually do the
    latter).

                    /kent k