Re: font creation software for Unicode Hebrew proposal ?

From: Ananda (ananda@bdlink.com)
Date: Sat Sep 27 2003 - 02:05:44 EDT

    Can anyone let me know which one is the best tool to create Indic opentype
    fonts for Windows.
    Mustafa Jabbar
    ------------- Original message follows -------------

    Elaine Keown <elaine_keown at yahoo dot com> wrote:

    > If the PUA is supposed to be left-to-right, what codes do I give the
    > proposed glyphs? Do they have to have a real Unicode code point?

    Any characters you assign to the PUA can have any properties you choose,
    including directionality. The default LTR directionality for the PUA
    doesn't mean you can't assign RTL characters to it. (You might have
    trouble getting rendering engines to understand what you want, but you
    get used to that working with the PUA.)

    -Doug Ewell
     Fullerton, California
     http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/