RE: Merging combining classes, was: New contribution N2676

From: Jony Rosenne (rosennej@qsm.co.il)
Date: Sun Oct 26 2003 - 14:51:14 CST

While the current combining classes may cause some difficulties for Biblical
scholars (and this isn't cut and dry yet - it isn't certain whether these
are Unicode problem, implementation problems, missing characters or
mis-identified characters), I have yet to see a claimed problem with pointed
Hebrew - I mean just the points, without cantillation marks, as used for
non-Biblical texts. And I don't count Microsoft's strange implementation
mentioned yesterday as a Unicode problem.

Jony

..