Re: How can I input any Unicode character if I know its hexadecimal code?

From: Peter Kirk (peterkirk@qaya.org)
Date: Sat Nov 15 2003 - 14:15:30 EST

    On 15/11/2003 10:31, Michael (michka) Kaplan wrote:

    >He was thinking about dead keys under Windows, and assuming that a Hebrew
    >keyboard would use the vowels and points as dead keys. Now there is no
    >keyboard I know of that does this, but it is what he was thinking....
    >
    >MichKa

    Well, this idea is quite senseless. Vowels and points always come after
    base letters, in any sensible logical ordering for typing, rendering etc
    and also in Unicode. There are a few possible small exceptions e.g.
    furtive patah, prepositive accents which just could make sense as dead
    keys, but this doesn't make sense as a general principle.

    --
    Peter Kirk
    peter@qaya.org (personal)