Re: Request

From: Frank Yung-Fong Tang (ytang0648@aol.com)
Date: Fri Nov 21 2003 - 15:42:50 EST

    Markus Scherer wrote:

    > Ritu Malhotra wrote:
    > > I would like to know that I am currently working with a hindi
    > software. In
    > > this scenario the complete software is working on the basis of ISCII
    > code.
    > > Now in my software itself I want to give support for a unicode font for
    > > devnagari Script(mangal). How do I go about doing this. ...
    >
    > You may need to convert from ISCII to Unicode and then use the Unicode
    > text for display. ICU has an
    > ISCII converter: http://oss.software.ibm.com/icu/
    >
    > markus

    Does the ICU ISCII convertesr take ATTRIBUTE code in ISCII (as defined
    in ANNEX-E of ISCII 13194:1991, page 20 to swtich between script?)
    ATR = 0xEF in ISCII
    0xEF 0x42 to switch to Devanagari script
    0xEF 0x43 to switch to Bengali script
    etc...

    Not saying I like that part of ISCII or those support is needed. Just
    want to know how "complete" is the ICU converter while it deal with this
    weired specification - ISCII. (if you don't think it is "weired", look
    at the E-1 Display Attributes session in Annex-E of ISCII which is worst
    than the E-2 Font Attributes I mentioned here.)

    Frank Yung-Fong Tang
    Šýštém Årçhîtéçt, Iñtërnâtiônàl Dèvélôpmeñt, AOL Intèrâçtívë Sërviçes
    AIM:yungfongta   mailto:ytang0648@aol.com Tel:650-937-2913
    Yahoo! Msg: frankyungfongtan
    John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,
    that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
    Does your software display Thai language text correctly for Thailand users?
    -> Basic Conceptof Thai Language linked from Frank Tang's
    Iñtërnâtiônàlizætiøn Secrets
    Want to translate your English text to something Thailand users can
    understand ?
    -> Try English-to-Thai machine translation at
    http://c3po.links.nectec.or.th/parsit/