Re: Request - convert ISCII to Unicode

From: Markus Scherer (markus.scherer@jtcsv.com)
Date: Fri Nov 21 2003 - 18:46:57 EST

    Frank Yung-Fong Tang wrote:
    > Does the ICU ISCII convertesr take ATTRIBUTE code in ISCII (as defined
    > in ANNEX-E of ISCII 13194:1991, page 20 to swtich between script?)
    > ATR = 0xEF in ISCII
    > 0xEF 0x42 to switch to Devanagari script
    > 0xEF 0x43 to switch to Bengali script
    > etc...

    The ICU ISCII converter does handle the script-switching attributes. The default script (before
    encountering a script attribute) depends on the charset name you use (for example, iscii-dev vs.
    iscii-guj vs. iscii-tlg or x-iscii-te etc.) or can be set with an ICU-specific option suffix on the
    ISCII charset name itself.

    Search for "ISCII" in
    http://oss.software.ibm.com/cvs/icu/~checkout~/icu/source/data/mappings/convrtrs.txt

    The ICU ISCII converter does not handle non-plain-text attributes like for bold text. (I think it
    ignores them.)

    markus