Re: Pre-1923 characters?

From: D. Starner (shalesller@writeme.com)
Date: Fri Jan 02 2004 - 19:42:05 EST

    > > Can I assume that both the Pan-Turkic
    > >Latin orthography and the Pan-Nigerian alphabet postdate that?
    >
    > No, you can't make assumptions like that.

    Yes, I can. And I will if I have to. Our current system uses a panel
    with 96 characters, Latin-1. I'm trying to replace that with a series
    of panels of 50-100 characters. One will support A-Z, edh, thorn, eng,
    a couple other non-decomposable characters and the major combining
    accents, and another will support extended Latin. I may triage African
    and Turkish languages on the guess that we won't see any text in that
    language--even if there is pre-1923 Latin text, there isn't much--and
    that it's easily fixable if we do.

    Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
    http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm