Re: Pre-1923 characters?

From: Michael Everson (everson@evertype.com)
Date: Sat Jan 03 2004 - 16:59:20 EST

    At 22:37 +0100 2004-01-03, Philippe Verdy wrote:

    >Note that a fundamental property of character identity is its most common
    >classification as a vowel, consonnant, or semi-vowel.

    That isn't true. The letter "v" is a vowel in Cherokee, a consonant
    in Czech, and (often) a semivowel in Danish.

    Please stop talking as though you are a Unicode authority, Philippe.
    You are an enthusiastic beginner. There is nothing wrong with that.
    Good luck with your studies. As I said once before, if you do your
    homework you could well be as valuable a participant to our work as
    Doug Ewell is. But for now, your pretense at expertise just makes a
    lot of people annoyed with you.

    Perhaps Patrick Andries' French translation of the text of the
    standard will be of assistance to you.