Re: unicode Digest V4 #3

From: Mark E. Shoulson (mark@kli.org)
Date: Mon Jan 05 2004 - 11:21:15 EST

    On 01/05/04 08:04, Philippe Verdy wrote:

    Regarding dotless-i-with hook...

    >and case mappings with each other. Both solutions maintains the distinction
    >with Latin oi (gha) and with the latin soft sign (small b).

    Can we leave OI/gha out of this? Near as I can tell the *only*
    relevance it has to the discussion of the hookbottomed-i is that it
    happened to be mentioned in the same message once. It doesn't look,
    sound, smell, or taste like the hookbottom-i, and should in no wise be
    conflated, unified, or otherwise made to cohabit with it.

    ~mark