Re: Cuneiform - Dynamic vs. Static

From: Doug Ewell (dewell@adelphia.net)
Date: Tue Jan 13 2004 - 22:38:03 EST

    Deborah Goldsmith <goldsmit at apple dot com> wrote:

    >> Where is the limit between the "user part of the PUA" and the
    >> "corporate part" of the PUA"?
    >
    > For Panther:
    > "user part of PUA" == everything not in the corporate part of the PUA
    > "corporate part of PUA" == the set of corporate PUA characters that
    > Apple defines on Mac OS

    Sorry to belabor this, but:

    Based on
    http://www.unicode.org/Public/MAPPINGS/VENDORS/APPLE/CORPCHAR.TXT, this
    zone could start at U+F700 if you include the NeXT function key
    mappings, or U+F800 (actually U+F803) if you don't. Should we assume
    that Apple draws the line at U+F700? The UTC has always been careful
    never to draw the line themselves.

    -Doug Ewell
     Fullerton, California
     http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/