Re: New MS Mac Office and Unicode?

From: Peter Kirk (peterkirk@qaya.org)
Date: Wed Jan 14 2004 - 18:38:06 EST

    On 14/01/2004 15:11, Han-Yi Shaw wrote:

    >Theoretically the answer is yes as long as there aren't any specific
    >layout requirements. It's important to make the distinction between
    >Unicode text rendering and complex script layout. Having the former
    >doesn't necessarily entail the later. :)
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Han-yi

    Thanks for the clarification. This is most of what I wanted to hear. I
    can now unreservedly withdraw my negative comments with apologies.

    It would have been nicer still to hear a promise of support for Hebrew,
    Arabic, Indic and SE Asian scripts etc. But I am aware that this is also
    a much bigger software problem.

    --
    Peter Kirk
    peter@qaya.org (personal)