Re: Tajik alphabet code

From: Alexander Savenkov (savenkov@xmlhack.ru)
Date: Mon Mar 01 2004 - 07:22:49 EST

    Hello Aso,

    2004-03-01T11:18:34+03:00 Asomiddin Atoev <asomiddin@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > I am emailing on behalf of the Tajikistani state
    > working group on localizing software for Tajik
    > language. Could you please kindly guide us to be in
    > right direction. What shall be the procedure of
    > standartization of alphabet symbols? Tajik alphabet
    > makes use of cyrillic symbols and contains of 35
    > letters.

    As far as I know all of the Cyrillic letters contained in the Tajik
    alphabet are already encoded in the Unicode standard. See the code
    charts at: http://www.unicode.org/charts/ and particularly
    http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U0400.pdf.

    I heard the Tajik alphabet was reformed, if you could send a picture
    or a link to the modern alphabet then someone (e.g., me) could provide
    the exact codepoints for you if you're in doubt.

    Best regards,
    Alexander.

    --
      Alexander Savenkov                            http://www.xmlhack.ru/