Re: French typographic thin space (was: Fixed Width Spaces)

From: Antoine Leca (Antoine10646@leca-marti.org)
Date: Thu Apr 01 2004 - 11:37:49 EST

    On Thursday, April 01, 2004 12:37 AM
    Asmus Freytag <asmus@unicode.org> va escriure:

    > Have you folks noticed the addition of Narrow Non Break Space?

    No, I did not. In fact, when I saw your message, I believe it should be a
    character whose code would be 0401 or somethink like that. ;-) I know it is
    not (U+202F or &#8239;).

    Is it intended (in part) for French typography?

    And if the answer is yes, when will it be supported in many fonts and
    rendering tools? It certainly will lead to much better aesthetically
    pleasing documents than present &nbsp;...

    Antoine