RE: Fixed Width Spaces (was: Printing and Displaying DependentVowels)

From: Arcane Jill (arcanejill@ramonsky.com)
Date: Fri Apr 02 2004 - 05:58:50 EST

    0x80 if I remember correctly.

    There were sixteen block-graphics characters, remember? They
    each were subdivided into four quadrants, each of which could
    be either black or white, according to the low order four bits
    of the codepoint. The all-white block-graphics character was
    visually indistinguishable from space, but was NOT space.

    Of course ZX80 characters did not, in general, have
    properties, but line breaking algorithms looked for character
    0x00, not character 0x80, and so graphic-space behaved like a
    non-space, not like a space.

    Arcane Jill

    Displaying
    > DependentVowels)
    >

    > Which character was that? I thought the ZX80 had
    essentially the same