Re: U+0140

From: Antoine Leca (Antoine10646@leca-marti.org)
Date: Fri Apr 16 2004 - 14:01:32 EDT

    On Friday, April 16, 2004 3:26 PM, Ernest Cline va escriure:

    > I don't see that as being any worse than the set of HYPHEN_MINUS,
    > HYPHEN, MINUS SIGN, etc.

    Sorry, I did not make me clear. I am not intenting to say this is undoable,
    nor that · case is particularly complex. It is doable (as I showed with the
    regular expressions), and it is NOT complex.

    I was just saying this is presently not done, and it is IMHO not worth
    doing.

    > Given the nature of U+0140 (and U+013F) when hyphenated, might it
    > not be a good idea to assign these two characters their own Line
    > Break class for the Line Breaking Algorithm of UAX #14?

    I do not know if it is a good idea or not (I am not the guys who can argue
    on this; furthermore these characters are very infrequent), but your
    understanding of the behaviour is correct.

    Antoine