From: Philippe Verdy (verdy_p@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Sun Apr 25 2004 - 07:21:08 EDT

    From: "Michael (michka) Kaplan" <michka@trigeminal.com>
    To: "Mark Davis" <mark.davis@jtcsv.com>; "Frank Yung-Fong Tang"
    <ytang0648@aol.com>; "Asmus Freytag" <asmusf@ix.netcom.com>
    Cc: "Unicode List" <unicode@unicode.org>
    Sent: Sunday, April 25, 2004 3:29 AM
    Subject: Re: Standardize TimeZone ID

    > If the officers believw that rather than the UTC that a new committee is
    > needed to "govern" the repository, then it stands to reason that the Unicode
    > List is the wrong place for locales.... a separate list for discussions
    > related to that standard is the most sensible approach.

    is there such a list for locale@unicode.org ?

    As far as I know, I never got anything from the Openi18n.org mailing list...
    Most probably this OpenI18n was managed (slowly) only from bug reports submitted
    to the IBM's locales-data repository, but without such discussions (or they were
    not accessible in a public area, with just private contacts between its
    members).