Re: New contribution

From: Patrick Andries (Patrick.Andries@xcential.com)
Date: Thu Apr 29 2004 - 01:02:07 EDT

    Dean Snyder a écrit :

    >Patrick Andries wrote at 9:22 PM on Wednesday, April 28, 2004:
    >

    >>Ancient Hebrew or Phoenician ? Is it the same for you ?
    >>

    >Old Hebrew, Old Phoenician, and Old Aramaic are practically identical
    >"scripts".

    Yes, this is what I had seen in comparitive charts but I just wanted to
    understand if Michael considered it as such.

    And I notice now that Michael actually mentioned this in the proposal
    (sorry for the noise) : « The twenty-two letters
    in the Phoenician block may be used, with appropriate font changes, to
    express Punic, Neo-Punic,
    Phoenician proper, Late Phoenician cursive, Phoenician papyrus, Siloam
    Hebrew, Hebrew seals,
    Ammonite, Moabite, and Palaeo-Hebrew.»

    P. A.