RE: Public Review Issues Updated

From: Peter Constable (petercon@microsoft.com)
Date: Thu Apr 29 2004 - 19:28:10 EDT

    > But now that we know that capital C-stroke
    > is also used, can Unicode be updated later to add a case mapping for
    > c-stroke, if C-stroke is added later?

    Yes.

    > Aren't case mapping normative properties, thus subject to the
    stability policy?

    They are normative, but not immutable. Please read the stability policy
    (item #4) carefully -- it does not prohibit changes regarding case
    mappings provided such changes do not impact character identity.

    > If C-stroek is left unencoded, people will need to use hacks...

    Obviously now that we know that the uppercase C-stroke is used, we do
    want to get it added. It can't be added this afternoon, however -- the
    process just doesn't work that way. We don't need to spend a lot of time
    here convincing ourselves it would be better to add it.

    Peter

    Peter Constable
    Microsoft Windows Division