Re: New contribution

From: Ernest Cline (ernestcline@mindspring.com)
Date: Fri Apr 30 2004 - 16:18:08 EDT

    No more so than Japanese becomes a different language when written
    as romanji. Language and script are distinct and a given language is often
    encoded using several different scripts. There may be points against
    favoring writing Paleo-Hebrew with a Phoenician script instead of the Hebrew
    script, but this isn't one of them. Besides, the way I read the proposal,
    it reads
    as a list of languages that could be written using the proposed script, not
    list of languages that must be written using the proposed script.