CJK(B) and IE6

From: Raymond Mercier (RaymondM@compuserve.com)
Date: Sat May 01 2004 - 10:45:59 CST

Having installed the large font Simsun (Founder Extended), which covers much
of CJK(Ext B)(U+20000, etc), I find that these characters appear in MS
Word, Wordpad and Notepad.
However, I am disappointed to find that IE6 will not display U+20000, etc.
Of course in Tools/Internet Options, I have set the Asian Font display to
this new font.
The same browser that is used in IE6 can be coupled with other applications
(compiled in VC6, for example), but the result is the same.

On the other hand Mozilla will show these characters. I know that
applications can be arranged to use the Mozilla browser, but that is a whole
new programming ball game, that frankly I could do without.

Raymond Mercier