RE: lowercased Unicode language tags ? (was: ISO 15924)

From: Addison Phillips [wM] (aphillips@webmethods.com)
Date: Mon May 03 2004 - 12:56:17 CDT

Philippe,

Really you should READ the draft CAREFULLY before commenting.

The 'extlang' subtags are reserved for future use (presumed to be with ISO639-3).

'zh-traditional' and 'zh-simplified' are already registered with IANA under RFC3066 using the ISO15924 script tags. The tags are 'zh-hant' and 'zh-hans' respectively. The draft does expand these to allow generative use of script subtags ("zh-Hant-SG").

And really this discussion should occur on the ietf-languages list. It's already devilishly hard to track issues that arise.

Best Regards,

Addison

Addison P. Phillips
Director, Globalization Architecture
http://www.webMethods.com
Chair, W3C Internationalization (I18N) Working Group
http://www.w3.org/International

It is not a feature.