Re: New contribution

From: Dean Snyder (dean.snyder@jhu.edu)
Date: Mon May 03 2004 - 12:48:35 CDT

jameskass@att.net wrote at 12:44 PM on Monday, May 3, 2004:

>Please take a look at the attached screen shot taken from:
>
>www.yahweh.org/publications/sny/sn09Chap.pdf
>
>If anyone can look at the text in the screen shot and honestly
>say that they do not believe that it should be possible to
>encode it as plain text, then the solution is obvious:
>
>We'll disagree.

Why, because you want to be able to retain in a plain text encoding the
larger font size in the heading "The First Syllable 'Yah'"? ;-)

This whole document requires rich text.

If I substituted modern cursive Hebrew letter forms for the Palaeo-Hebrew
(to contrast them with the classical square Hebrew), would you want to
encode those too?

Respectfully,

Dean A. Snyder

Assistant Research Scholar