RE: TR35

From: Mike Ayers (mike.ayers@tumbleweed.com)
Date: Thu May 13 2004 - 19:16:49 CDT

            Actually, it can be considered as a single language, Japanese, if
    you accept romaji, which seem to be increasingly difficult to deny.
    However, I think this is irrelevant, as I fail to see that "20Mar03" (as I
    write 'em) or "3/20/03" (more common) qualify as "correct English", either.
    The only correct English way I know to write dates is "March 20, 2003",
    which I very rarely see. People from lots of different countries would
    recognize "3/20/03". Therefore we have multiple ways to write dates for
    most languages, and multiple languages for most ways to write dates. I
    think Peter Constable is on the right track here.

    /|/|ike