RE: [BULK] - Re: Interleaved collation of related scripts

From: Mike Ayers (mike.ayers@tumbleweed.com)
Date: Fri May 14 2004 - 16:26:39 CDT

            No. I pointed out that a presupposed script, once written, could be
    used any number of times. You fed it back as "write Perl scripts". That is
    deliberate misconstrual. There has been much noise and hand wringing that
    normalization requires academians to abandon scholarly pursuits in favor of
    (unflatteringly described) computer science, and it's all a bunch of FUD.

    > Well, if you really think everyone in the world is able to write Perl
    > scripts, then you have been not fortunate but extremely
    > unfortunate to
    > have lived entirely in a circle of exceptionally gifted geeks. Get
    > yourself a life, Mike!

            No, Peter, I mean that very few people I've met consider "Perl for
    Dummies" over their head, much less brag about it. Also, I'll keep my geek
    friends and life of Riley, thank you very much.

    > Mike, I was not addressing you here.

            You addressed the list, and I'm on the list.

    > It's a bit like saying that if a small number of people want to be
    > allowed to, say, write their e-mails in Perl script (I am
    > searching for
    > an analogy you may understand, Mike), they should be allowed to; but
    > they should not be able to force their unusual preferences on
    > the rest
    > of us.

            Try searching for an analogy that YOU understand. I get the
    picture. This paragraph makes clear that you do not.

    /|/|ike