Re: Response to Everson Phoenician and why June 7?

From: James Kass (jameskass@att.net)
Date: Thu May 20 2004 - 16:04:43 CDT

    Ernest Cline wrote,

    > > In order for Phoenician to be "disunified" from Hebrew, it must
    > > first have been unified with Hebrew. This is not the case.
    >
    > Well then, nonunification if you wish to be picky about it.

    Sorry if I offended. Many on this list have referred to the current
    proposal as a "disunification" and seem to be arguing that accepting
    this proposal would change and disrupt current Unicoding practices.

    In this case, I think it's important to be picky because there are
    no current Unicoding practices for Phoenician. Phoenician is not
    yet encoded in the standard.

    Best regards,

    James Kass