Re: ISO 15924 draft fixes

From: Philippe Verdy (verdy_p@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Thu May 20 2004 - 16:29:54 CDT

    From: "Michael Everson" <everson@evertype.com>
    > Is the format order satisfactory? English_Name;Code;Nş;Nom_français;PVA;Date
    > Or would it be preferable to have it in the
    > format of Table 1
    > (Code;Nş;English_Name;Nom_français;PVA;Date)

    I vote for the order of table 1; the Code is the most important one, and the
    start of line will have a fixed format, easing its parsing, or simply easing its
    legibility for readers.

    Make the plain-text normative and published online (out of a zip file), and make
    the HTML pages only informative...

    I have done another scripted page (with PHP; however the PHP generated page may
    be stored in a cached static page if you don't want scripts on the Unicode
    server itself) using the text file as the reference, to generate all the HTML
    pages for browsing.