Re: Inscription in Punic and Neopunic

From: James Kass (jameskass@att.net)
Date: Mon May 24 2004 - 16:13:45 CDT

    Patrick Andries wrote,

    > The inscription was found in Cherchel (Algeria) and is apparently
    > dedicated to Micipsa.
    >
    > Would anyone have access to the aforementioned book ? Could that person
    > be so kind as to see whether such an inscription is indeed illustrated ?

    Is this it?

    (All-on-one-line)
    http://www.let.leidenuniv.nl/vtw/jongeling/NEOPUNIC-INSCR/line-drawings/CherchelN1.gif

    (This web site seems to be fairly well-stocked with Punic inscriptions,
    by the way. I found the above linked graphic on their Algerian page,
    http://www.let.leidenuniv.nl/vtw/jongeling/NEOPUNIC-INSCR/NPTxts/ALGERframes.html
    )

    Best regards,

    James Kass