Re: Phoenician, Fraktur etc

From: Curtis Clark (jcclark@mockfont.com)
Date: Fri May 28 2004 - 00:48:39 CDT

    on 2004-05-27 08:13 Otto Stolz wrote:
    > Fraktur characters are not designed to be used in all upper-case text
    > as has been stated before, in this thread. Nobody is used to this sort
    > of pseudo script; hence, nobody will read it fluently.

    This pseudo-script *is* used in southern California, by aficionados of
    low-rider automobiles, by some hispanic gangs, by some graffiti artists,
    and in some prison tattoos (the actual glyphs are more the "Old English"
    style of blackletter majuscule, rather than a more typical Fraktur). My
    guess is that it is *intended* not to be read fluently, as a mark of
    exclusivity.

    Mockingbird Font Works                  http://www.mockfont.com/