Re: Vertical BIDI

From: Andrew C. West (andrewcwest@alumni.princeton.edu)
Date: Fri May 28 2004 - 09:42:24 CDT

    On Fri, 28 May 2004 06:51:27 -0700, "Mark Davis" wrote:

    > > As things now stand, Ogham must be wrapped in RLO...PDF brackets when
    > > mixed with vertical Han or Mongolian.
    >
    > Yes, that's true -- and I don't see any reason why people can't live with
    > that... Those are the kinds of reasons we have the explicit controls.

    Well I for one can live with that.

    It was my original contention that using directional control characters such as
    RLO and PDF were an appropriate mechanism (together with a suitable RTL Ogham
    font) for producing BTT Ogham embedded within TTB Mongolian. And since Mark
    seems to be confirming that this is indeed correct, it is the mechanism that I
    will be using on my forthcoming web page in which I prove that Ogham was
    invented by time-travelling warrior monks from Mongolia.

    Andrew