Re: Bantu click letters

From: D. Starner (shalesller@writeme.com)
Date: Thu Jun 10 2004 - 15:46:43 CDT

    John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org> writes:

    > We must be talking past one another somehow, but I don't understand how.
    > To represent the text as originally written, I need a digital representation
    > for each of the characters in it. Since all I want to do is reprint
    > the book -- I don't need to use the unusual characters in interchange --
    > the PUA and a commissioned font seem just perfect to me.

    But that doesn't work if you're reprinting to XML or HTML, where you can't
    rely upon a commissioned font being installed and correctly used. I'm not
    even sure you can trust a commissioned font to be installable on the operating
    systems of the next few decades.

    Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
    http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm