Re: Bantu click letters

From: Mark Davis (mark.davis@jtcsv.com)
Date: Thu Jun 10 2004 - 17:34:58 CDT

    This argument does not hold water. Simply because some images appear in some
    documents does not mean that they automatically should be represented as encoded
    characters. Many images are not appropriate for use in plain text, or have too
    small a user community. They should be represented as private use characters, or
    as literal images. The Prince glyph, on-beyond-zebra characters, the images on
    images on http://www.aperfectworld.org/animals.htm, etc. are in quite a number
    of documents, but that doesn't mean that any of them necessarily qualify as
    characters for encoding.

    Mark
    http://www.macchiato.com
    ► शिष्यादिच्छेत्पराजयम् ◄