lines 05-08, version 4.7 of Roadmap to BMP and 'Hebrew extensions'

From: E. Keown (k_isoetc@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jun 24 2004 - 14:47:15 CDT

            Elaine Keown
            Tucson

    Hi,

    Questions about Roadmap to BMP---
    1) from Hebrew in line 05 to end of line 08,
    are these *all* right-to-left languages?

    2) In line 08, can I formally request insertion of a
    'Hebrew Extensions' section next to 'Samaritan'--do I
    do this via the online reporting URL or ....?

    Or do I need to write a short proposal asking to
    change line 08?

    Current Unicode Hebrew vowels and accents are
    'Tiberian'---marks invented in Tiberias. But the
    'Babylonian' vowels, invented in Mesopotamia are
    almost as important.

    I want to suggest that Babylonian vowels should also
    be considered for BMP insertion. They are actually
    more widely used than Samaritan vowels and accents,
    but became archaic in about 1780.

    Thanks for all enlightenment, Elaine K.