Re: Looking for transcription or transliteration standards latin- >arabic

From: Anto'nio Martins-Tuva'lkin (antonio@tuvalkin.web.pt)
Date: Tue Jul 06 2004 - 23:04:08 CDT

    On 2004.07.07, 00:49, Mike Ayers <mike.ayers@tumbleweed.com> wrote:

    > Are you implying that, had printers throughout the centuries put the
    > effort into faithfully reproducing every obscure symbol

    I spell my own name with some of those obscure symbols, thank you.
    Obscure indeed -- that's the last thing I'd expect in a list such as
    this! Is internationalization is serious issue, or just a toy to kill
    off idle time?

    > from every foreign language, that the modern American would accept
    > words with arbitrary diacritics?

    "Foreign"? "American"? I obviously misunderstood the whole purpose of
    these discussions, then. Bye bye -- will back as soon as I get my
    Green Card, señor! >;-)

    -- ____.
    António MARTINS-Tuválkin | ()|
    <antonio@tuvalkin.web.pt> |####|
    PT-1XXX-XXX LISBOA Não me invejo de quem tem |
    +351 934 821 700 carros, parelhas e montes |
    http://www.tuvalkin.web.pt/bandeira/ só me invejo de quem bebe |
    http://pagina.de/bandeiras/ a água em todas as fontes |