[OT] ISO 8859-12

From: Peter Jacobi (peter_jacobi@gmx.net)
Date: Fri Jul 09 2004 - 07:01:46 CDT

    Dear List Members,

    Please excuse a short OT question, as I'm sure several persons
    on this list can answer this and it don't need a long discussion:

    Out of historic interest, what is the story of the skipped ISO 8859-12
    character set? The WWW offers two different theories:

    a) was intended for Gaelic, which later became part of 8859-14

    b) was intended/reserved for ISCII

    As the Web proofs everything and nothing, I'd would be happy get a
    definitive answer here.

    TIA,
    Peter Jacobi

    --
    +++ Jetzt WLAN-Router für alle DSL-Einsteiger und Wechsler +++
    GMX DSL-Powertarife zudem 3 Monate gratis* http://www.gmx.net/dsl