RE: Problems Reading Saved Files With Unicode Names

From: Geoff Back (Geoff.Back@autocue.co.uk)
Date: Mon Jul 12 2004 - 09:58:15 CDT

    Nicholas,

    1. Use CD ripping software to create an ISO image of the CDROM. Roxio's Easy CD Creator, Nero, etc - all can do this.

    Either:
    2a. Use a quality ISO image editor tool to rename the files. You'll have to do a bit of research to find one but they do exist - it's just been a while since I used one.

    Or:
    2b. Using a good hex editor, directly replace the question marks in the directory structure with valid ASCII character codes.

    3. Either mount the ISO image (VirtuoCD or similar can do this) or burn the ISO back to another CDROM.

    I don't know of an easier way, unfortunately.

    Cheers,

    Geoff.

    Geoff Back
    geoff@demonlair.co.uk

    What if none of us really exist? What if we're all just characters in someone else's dreams?